Tuesday 7 April 2009

Wakefield 10K 2009

There was a good turnout of Spen runners at the recent Wakefield 10K (although Antony didn't have a club name in the results which I assume was a mistake).

There is a write up of the race on Antony's blog, which sounded like a good old battle between himself and Kevin.

Nice to see Simon Hudson back in action too!

Spen Results (these are chip times)
10 Kevin Ogden M35 34:47
11 Antony Bradford M40 34:56
113 Simon Hudson M35 40:35
155 Steven Peacock M45 42:06
425 Emma Maguire F40 47:31
464 Karl Speight M 48:24
893 Barbara Millet F40 56:57

1182 runners

Full results here

2 comments:

Antony Bradford said...

Yes It's mistake Chris, I am still with Spen and did I put Spenborough AC on the entry form. I was wondering whether they would update the Athletics Data Site with this info missing and I have checked and they have updated it. It also made a difference to the team results on the day - may have to query this.

Good to see a decent Spen turnout.

Does this mean the pressure of being Spen's best road runner is now off?

Chris Jones said...

I hadn't considered the team result, but I guess we should have been in contention for that with Kevin & yourself being so well-placed.

As far as the pressure being off...it takes more than just one race to lose your crown ;)

Post a Comment