Wednesday 8 April 2009

Bunny Run #1 - A Junior Perspective

A windy race is as good as it gets on top of Penistone Hill, which appears to have it's own weather system. It seemed like there were loads more runners than last year's series, so busy in fact that we couldn't even get our usual parking space!

Due to the numbers, the start was cramped and when we set off one of the smaller runners got trampled which must have hurt because a couple of runners were wearing spikes. The race conditions didn't change as the race went on and due to the extra training I've been doing I felt very good all the way around (except for maybe the last hill!).

Overall I had a very good run, coming in, in a time of 21:53 which was a minute or more quicker than any time last year and was a PB. I hope I do even better next week!

1 comments:

Chris Jones said...

Although only 14, Matthew can be considered something of a "vet" on the fells, since this year he will be doing his 3rd FRA English Jnr Championship series, and has competed with/against us a few times. He's also had an article published in the Fell Runner magazine. Hence I thought it only right to invite him to contribute to the Vets blog. Besides, I'm his dad :)

Post a Comment