Thursday 28 May 2009

The reindeer romp, race one.

What a good night it turned out to be for Spenborough. A superb run from Keven aka race machine Ogden(who won the race). Which I think was his fist time running this race( correct me if I'm wrong). Next in was a sprightly Steve Moss, winning the vet 60 category. A good run also from Mick Howard, who was closely followed in by Edward Wilkinson. Both Mick and Edward are new recruits for the reindeer. Me, being the only Spen female winning the first vet 45 category.

Last but not least,Karl, who came in shortly behind. I have being doing this race for quite a few years now. And I have seen some horrible conditions. But tonight was warm and dry under foot. However, sometimes it can be quite badly rutted. But tonight it was pretty good underfoot. A good turn out for Spen and a PB for me. My first race as a 47 year old. Chip butties always go down well afterwards. The bottle of wine I won will too.

Spen Results
1 KEVIN OGDEN 17:21 M
30 STEVEN MOSS 21:41 M60
38 MICK HOWARD 21:59 M45
42 EDWARD WILKINSON 22:30 M45
55 JACKIE CARTER 24:09 F45
64 KARL SPEIGHT 24:59 M

90 Finishers
Full Results Here

4 comments:

Chris Jones said...

Sorry I couldn't be there, I was on my death bed with some sort of virus. Matthew had a hard cycle race the evening before and didn't want to enter without me. Hopefully we'll make the next one.

Well done all!

jackie said...

Oh dear chris , we did wonder where you were .

Chris Jones said...

Are you sure about that PB Jackie? I had a feeling you'd gone faster, and looked at last years results. Your 2008 times were 22:48, 23:08, 23:50. Don't want to depress you, but...

kevin"race machine"ogden said...

if its any consolation jackie i ran a p.b oh i also won !!!!!!!!!!!!
only by 40 secs. though must try harder at the next one.

Post a Comment