Thursday 7 May 2009

Bunny Run Relays

3 leg relay 1.5 miles/leg

Howling gales and driving rain met the Jones family team as we got to Haworth for the final Bunny race of 2009. The team consisted of Chris, Matthew and Sarah, who was coming up for her first Bunny experience.

Near to the start of the race we were told that the longer first leg was to be cut short because the extra loop was too muddy. This meant that we were all doing the same distance. So, we picked up the egg and a very cold Chris went to line up for the first leg. 12 minutes later Sarah set off and then it was my turn.

After waiting quite a long time in the quarry where you start I thought the wind had died down a bit. As soon as I got out of the quarry I was nearly blown back down again. I knew I was going to have fun. I seemed to be having a good run and I felt alright. Then, at about half way round, the rain turned to hail and the run became painful in more than one way. When I was finally near the the end and I turned to face the wind again, my cheeks were inflating with air.

Overall I had a good run and my Dad also had a great run. Sarah didn't enjoy the race much but did well for her first Bunny.
Spen Results
35 JONESEY'S JOGGERS 43.06

Leg 1: 21 CHRIS JONES 12.49
Leg 2: 41 SARAH JONES 16.59
Leg 3: 23 MATTHEW JONES 13.18

61 Teams
Full Results Here

0 comments:

Post a Comment