Wednesday 17 June 2009

Joe Percy 10k

Monday nights race was the Joe Percy 10k.

A team of 10 Spen runners braved warm but damp conditions to do this hilly 10k. The race was run from a small cricket club in the village of Farnley Tyas. We only just managed to get the 10 runners needed to qualify for a team. At £3.00 entry fee one cannot grumble in these 'credit crunch times'

I really enjoyed the run as the last few weeks have been pretty laid back training wise. Even some top runners turned up on the night -namely Andrew Pearson(Longwood) and Matthew Pierson(Holmfirth). It was another case of man versus machine(kevin), and I lost out to the 'machine' once again. I did feel the strength returning and I was closing the gap on the second lap

I didn't stay to find out the results, but will probably find out in due course. My time was 36-06.

Thanks to those that helped - Jackie and others.

0 comments:

Post a Comment