Wednesday 30 September 2009

Whernside Fell Race

Postman called to day and left me one suspicious parcel in my mail box (could it be the medical kit ordered for my chickens some weeks ago or just another mail order package for Sandras expanding wardrobe), No it was a kind letter from the wernside fell race anouncing that although we didn't stay for the presentation i had won 3rd vets place and they had posted it forth -with.
This prom ted me to write a short account of this very well organized race, as chris as said this race starts with 5miles of uphill but the views are great.The first part once you get out of the field is road and reminded me of the start to the james herriot 1/2 marathon still took my time settling in to the climb to come which is part of the fellsman but in contrast to that the sun was shinning down on us as we entered the moors and the climb i started to feel confident of finishing in good form the ground around hear is very boggy but once you reach the approach to the peak it seems to get easy and it becomes easy to run up to the trig point, the down hill is great and you hit the road and on to the lane then its climbing all the way up to great coomb, from hear you have some great views of the dent valley. The next part is all down hill with the finish coming into view when you get past flinters gill, The last field ,and I could see Chris waiting for me and shouting encouraging remarks(well that's what I thought he was saying) age dose funny things to your hearing.

0 comments:

Post a Comment