Sunday 21 February 2010

Liversedge 1/2

Last weekend was the Liversidge half marathon. We had eight spen runners taking part. I would like to say I had a bad run, but that would be making excuses-so I won't. At home all week Oliver had been winding me up, by saying he was going to finish before I did.(Which he did (to my horror)). The bets were still on me to be first. (Sorry-I tried). It was a lovely day and I was up for it. I got a bit carried away at the start. Though;
frist mile- 7 mins
second mile-15 and a half mins
thrid mile-24 and a half mins
sixth mile- 49.58 mins.
I nearly had him on Jayhouse lane but he got away on the flat again. (8 mile was 68 mins).
Then again I got close up on the mad mile. As I reached the top I had a dizzy spell and I had to stop for a moment. At this point it was 10 mile - 1.28 hours. By now, I realised I was not going to do a good time and all I wanted to do was finish.
1.55.13 a very disapointing time.
As I did 1.52.42 last year and I had a cold week prior to race.
Oliver finished 2 minutes ahead of me but, I do have 25 years on him.
Four weeks to the next challenge-the Spen 20...

6 comments:

Antony Bradford said...

If you have a bad race just think of it as training towards your key goal(marathon). Also, the friendly rivalry between you and Oliver should motivate you to keep training hard.

All the best for the next big challenge(Spen 20).

kevin"race machine"ogden said...

the spen 20 is my next big challenge hopefully i should be fit in time for it and a few pounds lighter now that i'am appendixless(minus my appendix). not sure appendixless is a proper word anyway keep training hard and i'll see you there.

Antony Bradford said...

Kevin, I hope you also have a good run at the Spen 20.

Let me know if you run better without the appendix and I'll book myself in for an apendixoctomy!

Michael Dransfield said...

Tony, I think the correct term is appendectomy. Not sure what an apendixoctomy is but it might allow you to compete for the S.African ladies team!!

Antony Bradford said...

Yes Micheal, Cheers for that. It was sort of a guess and a bit of a joke at the same time. I am surprised I even got that near with the guess. I also forgot we have a medical expert among us.

jackie said...

Cheers guys, I like the comment's . Today I have been to see my physio and she says I have pulled more than one muscle in my calf so its a few days off for me.

Post a Comment