Tuesday 15 December 2009

Calderdale Way Relay - Leg 2

Same leg as last year for me, but this time partnered by Gerard Skippings, who was making his fell running debut. Gerard had been kicking by butt over the cross country and on the track for the past few weeks, but I had a feeling that I would be more than a match for him on the fells, so I was confident that it wasn't going to be me who was going to suffer the most (hehe).

Gerard was a bit nervous, which can often be the case when you try something new, and are not sure what you are up against, but he survived the experience in one piece (although he said he wanted to kill me, can you believe?), and I was really pleased with our time of 1:12:03, which was almost 2 minutes faster than Gareth and I had done in 2008.

Thoroughly enjoyed the day, and Gerard should be proud of himself for putting in such a good first performance.

Well done to everyone else who took part, and thanks to Captain Patchett for the organisational stuff.

0 comments:

Post a Comment